Cigarette Blamed For Northeast Lincoln House Fire



LINCOLN -- Damage is estimated at $50,000 after a cigarette tossed into some soil in a flower pot starts a fire early Thursday on the back side and into the attic of a northeast Lincoln home.  Assistant Fire Chief Pat Borer told KFOR News outside of 2000 North 63rd Street when they showed up there was heavy smoke coming from the house and found a woman trying to put out the fire on the backside of the home with a garden hose.  The woman and her family were okay.