Grease Fire Damages Apartment



LINCOLN -- A pan of grease left unattended on a hot stove starts a supper time fire Sunday evening in a third-floor apartment at 3619 North 60th Street.  Fortunately, fire units from Station 5 just around the corner got there in enough time to limit the spread of the fire.  Inspector Chuck Schweitzer tells KFOR News someone cooking in the kitchen left the pan unattended for a short time and the grease caught on fire, spreading to the wall and cabinets before extending into the attic.   He says three people in the apartment got out safely and no one was hurt.   Residents in the building had to be evacuated and spent 20 minutes out in the cold before being allowed back inside.  Residents of the third floor apartment had to be relocated for the night.

Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
People : Chuck Schweitzer