Fumes From Mixed Chemicals Fills South Lincoln Home



LINCOLN -- Arial">A Lincoln man is lucky to be alive after mixing two types of drain cleaner for a clogged toilet. Early Sunday morning in the 1200 block of S. 48th Street, fumes from the commode concoction became toxic...the man started having breathing problems. Hazardous materials experts wearing air packs tried to use a plunger to free the blockage, but couldn't. The liquids poured into the stool kept creating the chemical reaction. Eventually a plumber snaked the toilet open as LFR opened windows to air the place out. In just under three hours, the toilet was flowing again, the house aired out and the resident was allowed to return to his home.


Filed Under :  
Topics : Human Interest
Social :
Locations : Lincoln