Dryer Fire Causes Miminal Damage To East Lincoln Home



LINCOLN -- Arial">A clothes dryer fire causes smoke damage to an east Lincoln house early Sunday evening.  Firefighters were called just before 6pm to 8211 Chestnut Lane. Battalion Chief Eric Jones tells KFOR News at the scene it's likely that lint in the dryer caught fire. He says people living there were able to escape and reoccupy the house.  Jones says a challenge at one point, was another fire call that came in five minutes later to the 600 block of North 70th Street about a fire on an attached shed.  It turned out to be minor, but some of the units on Chestnut Lane responded to the 70th Street call and returned a short time later.  No damage estimate yet...no one was hurt in Sunday night's fire.

 

 

 

Fire crews help overhaul a dryer fire Sunday evening at 8211 Chestnut Lane. (Jeff Motz/KFOR News)


Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Locations : Lincoln
People : Eric JonesJeff Motz